Setting Up Laravel on Windows
By Shivam Chawla on May 02, 2017
Brief about Laravel:
Laravel is a PHP Framework developed by Taylor Otwell. Laravel enables you to write PHP application in expressive and beautiful syntax. Laravel helps both the solo developer and the whole team to increase the speed the development of a project. Laravel is currently the most popular PHP framework on the market. The newest version of Laravel at the time of this article is Laravel 5.2.
Requirements to install laravel on windows:
- PHP version > 5.4
- Apache or Nginx
Steps to install laravel on windows:
- Download and install wamp or xampp on your pc and setup php and mysql path variable in your windows pc environment. Wamp/Xampp installs Apache, MySQL and PHP which are needed to run any PHP application on a computer.
- Download and install composer by going to composer.org and test by running command composer in windows command prompt.
- Open command prompt and go to the folder where you want to install laravel.
- Type the following command:
composer create-project laravel/laravel project_name
- Wait till the composer downloads all the dependencies and sets up your laravel project.
- After the download is complete, you can run the following command :
php artisan serve
in the same folder to run your laravel project.
Your laravel project is now setup and now you can start working on it.